Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Driftwood Boats

I have been up to something a little different these days.
Not that I have stopped making and creating cards, but I found myself making a different kind of craft, driftwood boats.



It all started when I brought back woods from Leucate, our family beach on the Mediterranean.

When I run out of those, I walked the beach and 2 hours later, I was driftwood rich again. I brought them home, soaked them in a diluted bleach solution, put them to dry outside for a day, and let my mind wonder...

Here are the few collections I made: 


The Whisper, with sails made out of cheese-clothes...






The Ichiban, with white and plaid sails:








The Nemo, all linen sails:






The Dancer, with two different sails:








The Serenity, with two same sails:







The Tango, with one sail and one line:








The Rainbow, with one linen sail:








The Marbella, mini boats with a ribbon sail:






And finally, the Levis collection, with a lone sail:






AND... I had as much fun making them than naming them!






No comments:

Post a Comment