Saturday, June 2, 2012

Congrats!

Congrats!

After the tons of Graduation cards I made in the past few weeks, I still was looking for the perfect one for my daughter graduating from Davis on the 15th of this month.

I wanted something that would reflect her personality.

She is... like a flower.

So I put 4 of them, one for each year she was away in Davis, stamped with a Stamp Craft stamp, and colored the heart of the flower with a Copic Marker.



-302-

I then added a piece of Simplicity Class of 2012 silver Ribbon at the edge of the three windows.

The diploma is from Sparkle'n Sprinkle, the cap is a Michael's $1 stamp.

Congrats! is a Vap! Scrap stamp. I attached it to the top part of the card so when you open it, it reveals the UC Davis gold seal: I had some leftover from her graduation announcements... which makes me wonder where I messed up and not put those stickers.




Here is a close up:



A view of the inside: I just added a yellow card stock to remind of the yellow hearts of the flowers.




Here is another version of the same card, I replaced the yellow card stock by a silver one, and used a "stars' stamps from Anita's and a Congratulations sentiment from Stampin'up.





I couldn't resist but adding the "You're the Star of the Show! (from Annette Aden Watkins) on the inside flap.



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment