Friday, April 13, 2012

Thanks Heaven for Little... Ones

THANKS HEAVEN for little...
...ones

Not again? Yes, again...
I told you I couldn't get enough of this Papertrey Ink sentiment.

Tell you the truth, I was completely charmed by a card I found on Pinterest a while ago, check it out on:

http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-layer-wednesday-54-baby-cakes.html


This quilted bottom, was just too cute. I kept wondering how I could achieve this, and two nights ago, I woke up with an EUREKA moment. So simple, I wonder how I didn't think of it earlier.

These cards are the direct results of this "illumination".

(It had to be a New Baby card, because this is what comes naturally to me lately.) 



-270-

I am a little disappointed by the Boy Card picture. For some reason, the "boys" doesn't appear... believe me, the "boys", daisy garland, little bear and "bling" are all the same color of blue. Not evident on this picture.

The sentiment is Papertrey Ink, the little bear was stamped on blue card stock, cut out and propped with dimensionals.

The daisy garland is an EK punch that is going to become one of my favorite tool. Wait and see...

The  blue bling is made with puff paint. 
For the Baby girl card, I used one of those $1 mini punch Michael's carries and put a drop of white pearl puffy paint in the middle.


Now for the quilted effect: I used the Martha Stewart scoring board. But, you are going to ask me, how on earth did I make the scoring diagonally, right? 

Well, I am going to answer, easy enough. The Martha Stewart scoring board has a little envelope making triangle that allow you to position your card stock askew.

This way you can score diagonally.

Now, for you ladies that use a Stampin' Up scoring board, I heard through the grapevines that there is now a Diagonal Scoring Plate that adapts inside the scoring plate and allow you to achieve the same result.

You can check out Dawn Olchefske Stampin' Up site (http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/)

She has the best tutorials and ideas....

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment