Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good Luck on Your Finals

GOOD LUCK...
... on your finals.

 Keep Calm and Study On....

As the school year comes to an end (where on earth did the time go???), we (the senior waterpolo moms group, as we like to call ourselves)  are going to get together one more time to put together a care package for our sophomore boys in college.

I kept looking for a different idea of what I could put in the box, and I thought Chocolate Chips Cookies... my son's face always lights up at the smell of those cooking... then again if I send them already baked, half the fun would be gone... 

So I had that wonderful idea: Simplified Chocolate Chips Cookies in a Jar.

"Simplified"... and how, you are asking me? Well, I am going to put everything except the egg and the butter. Those two elements are bound to be handy in their kitchen.

So yesterday, I made the tags for the mason jars and the how-to instructions, plus the handy card where every mom will put a good luck message to their son.

Now, since I do not have the mason jar made just yet, I will add the pictures of the tags and instructions later... but I couldn't wait to share the card below.


-268-

I used two different cutting dies; the plain circle is  a Nesting Circle from Lifestyle Craft, and the scalloped one is a Sizzix one.

I folded the yellow card stock in half and cut both sides, leaving them attached at the top.

I ran a white card stock in a Cuttlebug embossing folder and punched two clouds. The sun is made with a Marvy Uchida  punch.

I tried my new Dee Gruenig's brush markers on a DeNami Designs stamp. First time ever I did that and it was so easy, brushing the different color markers on the different arcs of the rainbow. It doesn't dry and I actually stamped the rainbow 4 or 5 times before the colors went away.

I then hand-wrote my sentiment... one of those days, I will know how to type a sentiment in a shape.... but for now...

As for the jar:



As a last minute inspiration, I asked the moms if all their kids had access to an oven... was I inspired to do that... I ended up making 6 jars with trail mix instead. 
Much less pretty...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment