Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Spring

HOW DELIGHTFUL...

 ...it is when you can feel the change in the air in the morning, even if there is that leftover crispiness from a lingering winter.

That prompted me to design this very simple mini card for our upcoming college girls care package. 

A bitter sweet one, because this time, no hiding, it will be the last... our 22 years old girls are graduating this spring and there goes the excuse, us moms (and friends for more than 15 years) have been using to get together around appetizers and wine 4 times a year, for the past 4 years.



-245-


             This mini card was made using a stamp that is going to become my favorite, no doubt: the "mason jar" from Stamps by Judith and Heather. I stamped it on white linen, colored it and cut it out before adding it to the card with dimensionals.

That allowed me to add a small piece of ribbon around the mouth of the mason jar.

The little flower on the bottom corner is also from Stamps by Judith: one of their Stubbies.

The bouquet of daisies is from The Rubber Cafe and I tried myself at watercolors this time.

 For once, my Copic markers stayed in their drawer, and I used the VersaMarker pen with the watercolors pencils.

It was as much fun as when I was kid, using a watered down paint brush on those coloring book with dry paint.

Will use those more from now on...

I used a sentiment printed on my computer and added a dotted line as stem for the flower, before rounding the corners of the card.


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment